Get the Right Tools for Organization!

If everything's to be in its place, everything needs a place. 

I have a 5 ft x 5 ft white storage cubical, which I have placed in my rec room.  On it I've placed my arts and crafts materials, extra books, and magazines.  I've organized the shelves so they look pretty, since they are open shelves.  In  front of them is a craft table.

This is a different workspace than my office.  This work space is near the big screen so I can sit behind the desk and work on projects while enjoying TV with my family. 

This desk area has also come in handy for the kids to use for putting together school projects and for my husband to use as a laptop/conference call area if he's working at home during the day.



My Office Area


In my office area I have a different cabinet (pictured above). I have it positioned so that I can swing around and pull out paper, a book or file or put one away.

I purchased this at Canadian Tire a few years ago, and haven't been disappointed! Several of the drawers are the perfect size for CDs.  In another, I keep my income tax information.  In another, is my paper punch, stapler, etc. and another drawer holds envelopes and cards.  Technology equipment--extra chords, etc. fit in yet another drawer.

Phone books (which I use once in awhile) fiat nicely here and this is a great shelf for binders.  When multi-tasking each shelf can be used for a different topic.

Why not set something like this up for yourself!


No comments:

Post a Comment