Do you Follow FlyLady Rules?

Years ago I looked up FlyLady to garner some help with home cleaning. I needed to hear I wasn't the only one with so much housework all the time.  I needed to know how others manage it. I gained insight there and learned her systems.  I tried a few for myself.

But then I realized it was too regimented.  And, though I may swish my bathroom in the morning, what about the kids' bathroom?    

Recently, I returned to the FlyLady group.  Though I have some good systems in place, I want a refresher course.  I also admire her business model.  She's really got a lot going on.

So the first thing is make the bed in the morning.  There are theories on that.  One is that you should let the bed air.  I guess if sheets are changed weekly, it's not as big a deal.  Being a midlife woman with night sweats, though, I feel that bed often needs to air.  So I will be flexible.

She also talks about showering and doing makeup right away.  I can shower right away but putting contacts in is a problem.  My eyes have to de-gunk.  So I'll have to think about the timing of that.

She says dress to lace-up shoes.  I'm thinking, "Who wears lace-up shoes?"  I wear them to clean, garden, or to the gym.  Otherwise they aren't my go-to shoe.  I am a freelance writer.  I don't want to wear lace-ups all day.  But then again, maybe if I do lace-up in my outdoor shoes I'll actually walk the dog or get to the gym more.  Something to think about for fall.

(Do you think FlyLady means this kind of lace-up shoe?)


How about you?  Do you follow FlyLady rules?

No comments:

Post a Comment