A Wet Jet?


I finally put out the money for a wet jet floor cleaner.  It was on sale or I might not have.  It's a steep price for something you're expected to spend money on for refills.

The cleaning fluid canister is sealed and you are supposed to replace it.  The  "nappies" are supposed to be bought too.  They're like ladies' sanitary napkins. (Hey, maybe I can use some of those I have lying around the house now that I'm in menopause!)

I've tried attaching a paper towel or cloth, and it really doesn't work very well. I've heard some women puncture a hole in their canister and refill it with their own solution.  I'm going to try that.

Alternatively, the dry Swiffer seems to be just as good.  To make it wet I usually just run the cloth under the tap first, ring it out and attach it.

The wet Swiffer has a cumbersome canister area preventing it from fitting behind toilets, under counters, etc. which the dry Swiffer doesn't have.  I have successfully attached paper towels when needed to, but the cloths are more trustworthy and now they have wet cloths to attach that will make your floors also smell fresh.

I don't like how it flops around.  I would like it to be able to lock in place. Then when I try to do an edge or the top of baseboard, it would stay in place.

Summary:

I have put my wet swiffer away.  I prefer the dry swiffer with the new cleaning cloths.  Would still like it to have a lock to lock it in place.

negative*** cost of supplies

plus*** fits under furniture and along baseboards

plus*** like the new wet cloths although pricey

How can one really rate it.  It is personal preference.

Happy cleaning!


No comments:

Post a Comment